Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by clef360, May 8, 2004.

1. It's 5am at the time of this post...can't sleep at all. It sucks because I cant even use this extra time for bass. Anyone else get insomnia?
  2. prophecy

Dec 26, 2003
    i did a few days ago, easy fix tho....three little letters will take all your insomnia away:..........

sex ;)
  3. Stephen S

Stephen S Member

Apr 10, 2002
    San Bernardino, CA
    The most potent sleep aid known to man
  4. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    or even p0rn
  5. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Just get youself a banana, a warm glass of milk, and eight beers. That will put you right out.

6. mm, sounds.. kinda.. eh? specially with the influence of the other posts!!!

if sex isnt available, have hefty meals all of today/tomorrow, and burnm yourself out! :)
  7. ass_9

May 4, 2004
    It sounds stupid, but a shower and allergy medicine puts me right to sleep. It clears sinus's and makes your drowsy.
  8. Nyquil - The don't make any plans for the next morning medicine
  9. Insomnia sucks so much. The most sleep i can get in a night is like 4 hours. It sucks so much sitting around awake at 4 in the morning,

My insomnia is mostly due to a medication i take though.
  10. Heh, that used to be me old TB name.

Anyways. Try Sex, Masturbation, A lot of food, Heavy drowsy type cough medicine, Alcohol maybe, Exersize, and egg nog.
  11. Go in the passenger side of the car. Always puts me right to sleep...
  12. what?! while driving??! :)
  13. jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Turn the computer off. Light. Melatonin.
  14. kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    3:43... i dont have insomnia... what are you talking about???? 1st step is to admit you have it... then at 12am hit your head against the wall until you pass out:] get those "bass in the box" thingies:]

but really

What jazzbo said (accept for melatonin... no idea what that is)... it really does help... just lay down... get a book ...a boring book will help even more... and you will fall a sleep... then make it a habit... if that don't work... i had that problem (fixed now by myself) i think it can really mess things up and it does get worse... i dono maybe see a dr... i wouldn't take any pills for it though... but that's just me:/

Other things that much help... get milk... warm it up... mix it with honey...
    Shower works for some... it wakes me up though
    but try to make it a habit of just going to bed earlier and laying down... that what did it for me... 3:49am

Good luck:]
  15. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Hey, this isn't such a funny topic for those of us who have insomnia. It sucks having to deal with life after one hour's sleep all the time. It sucks especially bad when you have to play a gig and you haven't slept the night before. Not to mention the ramifications in terms of family, work, and the ability to maintain patience and some sense of decorum when you're dealing with the lunacy that life sometimes has to offer. Yes you can address insomina by taking drugs, but it's not a good long term solution. Today I'll be dealing with Mother's Day on two hours' sleep. Not funny at all.
  16. jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Valerian root extract. Liquid form, no alcohol.
  17. kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    If this is reffered to me... i wasent really joking... (well i was with few things in my post but it was mostly not really a joke) i had it too... i think its better now because i can force myself to sleep now... but sometimes its hard:/

BTW another thing that helped me is to stay acctive... forcing the day to wear me out

18. word.

i sufferd from insomnia when i was 13. and i'd often go 2 or 3 days with NO sleep at all!
    do you have any idea how crazy you become laying in a black room for 8 hours a night!

as you've probably guesed, being 13 i was in school. and needless to say my work suffered massively, i got in lots of trouble as a result. i got yelled at all the time by my mum for my stupid excuses (she didn't believe the insomnia). and i started getting picked on in school. but the time i was 15 i was an extremely violent manic depressive taking all kinds of drugs and self harming.

my mum finally realised it wasn't all excuses and i started to get help. now (at 18), i'm off the drugs (illegal and legit), don't self harm, and have my anger well under control. but i still only average 4/5 hours sleep a night.

for those of you who haven't suffered i can see how this can seem like a light subject. but i don't see you making fun of people who suffer from depresion or have a physical dissablement, and insomnia is just as devastating.

19. canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    I've tried melatonin and valerian (capsules). Melatonin works better, all the valerian did was give me bad breath for the night...
  20. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    why can't you play bass at 5am? just don't plug it in.