insparation from things other than bass players

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by themadbasser, Dec 8, 2002.

1. themadbasser

Sep 4, 2002
    In an issue of guitar world I read an interview with the guitar player from Rage Against the Machine and now Audio Slave (what a horrible name). He was talking about how on the new Audio Slave album he got insparation for solos from some pretty weird sources, amoung them was a race horese. I was just wondering if any one here was inspired or given an idea from something other than another bass player.
  2. stephanie

Nov 14, 2000
    Scranton, PA
    I get inspiration from lots of things besides bass players and other musicians. Books are a great source for one thing. Another thing that has been a big inspiration for me all my life, even before I was playing bass (I used to write poetry and this was a huge inspiration for that) are atmospheric horror/dark fantasy movies. Music-related movies are also great (like "Amadeus", "Hilary and Jackie", and "Shine"). Family and friends and life situations also inpsire me. Nature inspires me. There are so many things...
  3. godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    actually i am almost never inspired by bass players. I am inspired by compositions (not trying to sound lofty) and the way they are orchestrated which relates directly to tonal and timbral characteristics of the music. Sax players often inspire me, as do hand drummers and many other non-bass related musicians.

Novels, poetry, drama, can all act to inspire one (they do me !)

4. Chris A

Chris A Chemo sucks!

Feb 25, 2000
    Manchester NH
    Moved to Misc.

Chris A.:rolleyes: