1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

INspiration for double-handed tapping..

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by Suckbird, Jun 11, 2005.

1. Suckbird

Suckbird Banned

May 4, 2004
    Sweden
    So i just learned to play the peanuts theme by stu hamm on bass and i found out that it wasn't as hard to play 2lines in one, even though i kinda gave up the first time i tried it.

Anyway, i would like to get some suggestions on tapping songs, doesn't matter what kind of tapping but i would prefer something like the peanuts.
    And yeah, one day i hope i'll be able to play one of bach's inventions :bassist:

2. BassGod

BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    Well, a good song to learn would be Beethoven's 'Moonlight Sonata'. The first double tapping song I learned. Give it a listen. :)

Graeme

3. Star Trek by Stu Hamm was my first.

4. Anyone have a link to some videos of the songs mentioned?

5. dodgy_ian

dodgy_ian

Apr 9, 2001
    Newcastle, UK
    take a jazz standard, or in fact any tune, with a groovy bassline and a melody and then arange it yourself.

I've got a lovely little two handed tapping arrangement of blue bossa - bassline and chords. My band were so impressed that they make me play a few chorus's by myself before we crack fully into the tune! :bassist: