Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

INspiration for double-handed tapping..

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by Suckbird, Jun 11, 2005.

1. Suckbird

Suckbird Banned

May 4, 2004
    Sweden
    So i just learned to play the peanuts theme by stu hamm on bass and i found out that it wasn't as hard to play 2lines in one, even though i kinda gave up the first time i tried it.

Anyway, i would like to get some suggestions on tapping songs, doesn't matter what kind of tapping but i would prefer something like the peanuts.
    And yeah, one day i hope i'll be able to play one of bach's inventions :bassist:

2. BassGod

BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    Well, a good song to learn would be Beethoven's 'Moonlight Sonata'. The first double tapping song I learned. Give it a listen. :)

Graeme

3. Star Trek by Stu Hamm was my first.

4. Anyone have a link to some videos of the songs mentioned?

5. dodgy_ian

dodgy_ian

Apr 9, 2001
    Newcastle, UK
    take a jazz standard, or in fact any tune, with a groovy bassline and a melody and then arange it yourself.

I've got a lovely little two handed tapping arrangement of blue bossa - bassline and chords. My band were so impressed that they make me play a few chorus's by myself before we crack fully into the tune! :bassist: