1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Inspirational Music Quotes

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Art Araya, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Art Araya

Art Araya

May 29, 2006
    Palm Coast, FL
    I'm a sucker for an inspirational quote. At the right time the right quote can provide direction, encouragement, a fresh breeze in my sails.

What are some quotes about music that inspire you to press forward and higher?

I'll get this started with one I recently stumbled upon.

I worked hard. Anyone who works as hard as I did can achieve the same results. - Johann Sebastian Bach

2. BassChuck

BassChuck Supporting Member

Nov 15, 2005
    Cincinnati
    my sig is my favorite.

Also:
    A musical decision always outweighs any other decision. - Duke Ellington

Fame is something people give you to get you to work harder. Charles Mingus

3. hdracer

hdracer

Feb 15, 2009
    Elk River, MN.
    It's an addiction... and addiction is something I should know something about. Keith Richards

With bass, especially bottom end, the vibration has to happen on stage otherwise the feel is wrong. This is why you can't scale the equipment down too far. John Entwistle

4. Thick McRunfast

Thick McRunfast Not just good, good enough

Sep 30, 2012
    Portland, Oregon USA
    Music is the space between the notes. Claude DeBussy

5. cdef

cdef

Jul 18, 2003
    "I would advise you to keep your overhead down, avoid a major drug habit, play every day and take it in front of other people. They need to hear it and you need them to hear it."

- James Taylor