1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Instagram removed my cover vids. Help!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Mili, Apr 1, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Mili

Mili

Nov 14, 2015
    Earth
    Hello everybody
    Recently i made 3 bass cover videos and i upload them on youtube easily. I upload them on Instagram but they removed them because of copyright!!! I'm confused, tons of cover videos upload everyday on Instagram without any problem. Do you know what's wrong with my videos probably? I didn't make them with smartphone ( i used audio interface and DAW) so the sound quality is much better than regular cover videos. Is it possible their artificial intelligence detected them because of the quality thing?

2. Mili

Mili

Nov 14, 2015
    Earth
    Any advice and suggestion will be appreciated.

3. guy n. cognito

guy n. cognito Secret Agent Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Patience. It’s 6:02 EST in the US. And it’s Easter Sunday. You’re not going to get your best audience posting at 03:57....

Mili likes this.
  4. Mili

Mili

Nov 14, 2015
    Earth
    You are right, actually I'm living eastern and i don't know what Easter is....my bad.

5. charlie monroe

charlie monroe Gold Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2011
    Buffalo, NY
    I think you are correct about the original being detected.

Nice job on the Toto song

Mili likes this.
  6. Mili

Mili

Nov 14, 2015
    Earth
    Thank you, that is my first cover actually.

7. charlie monroe

Feb 14, 2011
    Buffalo, NY
    You should try to add in those tasty Lee Sklar licks in the outro.

Mili likes this.
  8. Mili

Mili

Nov 14, 2015
    Earth
    I'm trying to cover songs exactly like originals.(i think for a beginner like me this is more helpful, educative and challenging) Original Outro was too hard for me so i ignored it.

9. charlie monroe

Feb 14, 2011
    Buffalo, NY
    I always thought it was better to play nothing than a bad note. You're doing good.

Mili and Bass Man Dan like this.
  10. brlottermann

brlottermann

May 14, 2011
    Boston, MA
    I post cover videos on IG almost every week and have definitely encountered this problem before. It is Instagram's ContentID system, similar to that of YouTube. While I'm all for intellectual property rights, it does sometimes get in the way of my regular content posting. What I usually do is, while recording, I make sure that the original track is lower in the mix and that I play a few extra notes outside of the exact transcription of the bass part, to throw off the algorithm.

If you have a video already made, but its being flagged, what you can do is take the first few seconds of the minute-long clip, throw them into iMovie, and slow that section down by 30%. It'll only be for a second so its hardly noticable, and itll get past the algorithm.

Hope this helped,
    Brian

(my IG is @lottermannbass by the way, check it out!)

johnpaulbass and Mili like this.
  11. Mili

Mili

Nov 14, 2015
    Earth
    Very helpful, thank you. I'm following you, your last post is fantastic.

brlottermann likes this.
  12. johnpaulbass

johnpaulbass

Nov 2, 2005
    Slovenia
    will try that to...

Many thanks!

If you will you can follow me to @mloredan