1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Installed Badass II but now my intonation is all gone

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by fuminator, Jul 23, 2007.

1. fuminator

fuminator

Jun 10, 2007
    New York
    Just installed a badass ii on my cij 1962 RI jazz bass as well as Seymour Duncan Antiquity II. The sound of the pickups is a million times a better but now the intonation is all screwed up. I adjusted it at the bridge but now anything from the 10-11th fret on up is all out of whack.

It's mostly to do with combinations of open strings and high notes: even something as basic a major 10 (open A + C# on 11th fret D string) is way off. Octaves at the 7th fret are fine.

Is this problem related to the bass neck itself (it's a brand new bass which sounded perfectly in tune before) or to my bad bridge adjustments? If it matters, I have fairly high action for the strings.

2. Jim Powers

Jim Powers

Mar 19, 2007
    Charlotte, NC
    The string action may be part of the problem. At the higher neck positions the amount you need to deflect the string down to the fretboard is greatest, and may be shifting the tension and hence the pitch of the strings.