Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

installed my new pickups.

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by thetaurus, Feb 8, 2004.

1. thetaurus

thetaurus

May 28, 2002
    Muncy, PA
    so i installed my bassline quarter pounders in my mia jazz last night. it was really easy. the hardest part was putting them in the bass after all the wires were soldered. i kept the foam that was under the stock ones, and still used the little rubber rings that go around the pickups screws...so they are definately in place. one question though...will that foam have any effect on the sound of the pickup? i don't think it would, but i figured i'd at least ask.

now...when i got it all finished, i played through a borrowed laney 1x12 combo amp that i have at my apartment. i honestly didn't notice much of a difference. i was surprised, because i figured it would be night and day. then today i had practice and played through my svp pro, rmx 1450, and svt 8x10. this is where i noticed the difference. it still wasn't what i expected though. the main thing that i noticed was that i'm louder, and my amp isn't clipping anymore. it just sounds like a stronger signal, which is actually what i wanted in the first place.

so overall i'm going to say that i'm pretty happy with the decision.