1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Installing 62 Original pups with S-1.

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by wishImay, Jan 9, 2013.

1. wishImay

wishImay

Jan 7, 2013
    Hello all. I accidentally posted this in the hardware section so I figured I would try putting it in the rite place instead. Can I install 62 Original pickups in my P bass without changing the s-1 pot? Can I simply wire it as if it were not an S-1 pot and be OK? Thank you.

2. You can use any pickups you want, as long as they have a four-conductor output, or can be re-soldered for a four-conductor output. Otherwise, just wire it like a standard P bass and disconnect the switch.

3. wishImay

wishImay

Jan 7, 2013
    So..... I wired it up without converting the pickups to 4 wires and the S-1 switch still does something. Strange. These 62's are freaking awesome.

4. wishImay

wishImay

Jan 7, 2013
    Played again this morning. With only the black and white wires connected to the s-1 system with the switch on the output is noticeably higher. It is like a nice boost switch that thickens the signal rather than thinning it out.