1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Installing a battery box, NYC area

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by TrooperFarva, Dec 13, 2006.

1. TrooperFarva

TrooperFarva

Nov 25, 2004
    New City, NY
    My Valenti control cavity is top load only. Right now, the battery is in there. It's a Sadowsky preamp, and I want to add the VTC. To do this, I'll have to move the battery. I've looked at the options where I could have a box at the amp that houses the battery, but I don't like that. So I want to add a simple battery box on the back of my bass. Like on a Stingray

[​IMG]

I don't think this is something I could pull off. Not pull off, and look good anyway. I can wire it all up, I'm good with that, but the woodwork, I can't handle. If I take this to a luthier, are they gonna stare at me, puzzled, and then charge me $300? It seems simple enough, route it out, drill a hole to the control cavity, install the box, the end. How much should this cost? Any recommendations on who to take it to for a good price and a quick turnaround? Thanks.

I haven't yet contacted Nino Valenti. I plan to do this later, but this was one of his first basses, one that he made for himself, in fact, and one that I picked up used. His newer basses are all already rear routed, so I'm not sure if he has a battery box jig, or if this is something he would want to do, so I figured, I'd throw this out before I give Nino a call.

2. contakt321

contakt321

Jul 31, 2006
    New York, NY
    i bet nino could do that 4 u

3. TrooperFarva

TrooperFarva

Nov 25, 2004
    New City, NY
    I contacted Nino, and he was very busy for a while, working on basses for his customers, but last week he said he'd finally be free to put the battery box in. :hyper:

I dropped it off yesterday, and Nino said he'd have it done in a week or 2, and for a great price. Thanks Nino.