1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Installing a new neck, how much to tighten the truss rod at first?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Eilif, Sep 25, 2008.

1. Eilif

Eilif Holding it down in K-Town. Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2001
    Chicago
    The new warmoth P bass neck for my FrankenJazz will be ready for installation tomorrow, The truss rod is completely loosened, how much should I tighten it before I install it and string it up?

If it matters; As you know, Warmoths adjust at the heel, but I have groved the body so I won't have to take the neck off each time I need to adjust the truss rod.

2. I think there was just a thread on this. I'll give you the same response I did in the other thread. I like to set it perfectly flat; the string tension pulls relief in. Maybe too much, maybe not enough, but that's where I start.

Found the other thread:

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=468237

3. Eilif

Eilif Holding it down in K-Town. Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2001
    Chicago
    Thanks for that thread slyjoe! That was just what I was looking for. I like a pretty flat board, and I play with medium strings, so I'll adjust it a tiny smidge past flat and see what happens.