1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Installing Bass Xtender

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Bassist30, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Bassist30

Bassist30 Supporting Member

Mar 19, 2004
    NEW YORK
    Has anyone kept the original post when putting on a new xtender? I have a Fender American pro and the post is fluted. I still want that if I put on an xtender. Has anyone done this? or know any information about it?

2. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    Call Hipshot and ask for Oscar

3. sissy kathy

sissy kathy Back to Bass-ics Gold Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    Hipshot mounts some other makers tuners on their Hipshot plates. That Fender tuner is one of them, the BT12 is that same tuner mounted on an extender plate. The post already matches.

Bassist30 likes this.
  4. Bassist30

Mar 19, 2004
    NEW YORK

So the BT12 is your recommendation?

sissy kathy likes this.
  5. Bassist30

Mar 19, 2004
    NEW YORK

I have sent emails to Fender and Hipshot and never heard anything.... In fact I must have sent each about 5 emails with no response.... Maybe I will call...

6. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    Hipshot is usually very slow to respond to emails. But once they do, their customer service is great.

7. Bassist30

Mar 19, 2004
    NEW YORK
    They had gotten back to me. They wanted pictures a few days ago. Have not heard since then … Maybe they are working with fender to have a complete setup. Maybe not but hope I get a response. Thanks for all your help.

8. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    I should have clarified. They take their time, but ultimately the customer service is excellent.

Bassist30 likes this.
  9. Bassist30

Mar 19, 2004
    NEW YORK
    They certainly do.

10. sissy kathy

sissy kathy Back to Bass-ics Gold Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    They are out of that tuner for now, Fender has a tendency to let their stock dwindle to zero and then has to play catch up. So until Hipshot gets more tuners from Fender, you're in a waiting game.