Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Installing Line 6 Bass POD XT Pro

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jlt, Mar 11, 2006.

1. jlt

jlt

Apr 24, 2004
    Fullerton, CA
    I'm having trouble figuring out how to connect the POD with my SWR SM-900 amp. I'm not that knowlegable with the effects loops or with electronics in general. I can't figure out the instructions for both the SWR and the Line 6. I thought I would check here first and then Line 6 on Monday. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    James

2. I would try
    1. plugging the bass into the amp as normal then
    2. send a jack from the amp effects send, mono will probably be the best bet, to the input of the pod,
    3. then round the back of the pod there should be a jack socket for output, send a jack to the return of your relevant effect loop on the amp
    4. turn on the pod. in the manual for pod it tells you how to set it to what you are plugged into (section 3.8 in book i think) set it to amp cabinet style if you nave a horn or HF driver set it (pod)to "live with H"
    5. turn the output level of pod down, make sure amp is turned down
    6. power up amp and set volume levels and effect loop levels, remember the loop level mix at max is NO origional signal just effected signal

hope this helps i am just going off the pod live manual and the spec sheet for the amp so i cant be sure about all of the ins and outs to exacts but this should workout fine.

3. jlt

jlt

Apr 24, 2004
    Fullerton, CA
    Darthplagis,
    Thanks for your reply. I will give it a try. By the way which input of the pod are you talking about?
    Thanks
    James

4. i dont know to be exact but i think the pod input is on the front pannel to the left beside the line 6 logo. the only other input i can imagine on the pod is the 'midi' but thats for sequencers and floor control units and the effect send and returns (on the pod) but i would ignore those for now. also try and ignore all of the xlr sockets (the triangle pins) unless you are DI-ing to the house amp (then their tech should help)

5. JohnPativens

JohnPativens

Sep 20, 2005
    Italy
    If you're going to connect your head's preamp to your Bpodxtpro, I think you should use its Line Level Input, which is in its rear panel.