1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Installing two different pickups (first time builder)

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Jermaphilia, Jul 15, 2018.

1. Jermaphilia

Jermaphilia

Jul 15, 2018
    Raleigh
    I bought a DIY Headless 4 String kit from Solo Music Gear and have been messing with it off and on for a better part of a year. The time has come where I’m finally about to get the body back from the shop from staining and sealing, and I’ve hatched a brilliant idea (not) to want to experiment with installing two different pickups instead of going with the solderless EMG passives that I originally planned on using. The P-Up cavities in the body are 4”x1.5”; which almost every company defines as a 5 string pickup. My initial choice is to go with an Aguilar DCB-G4 in the neck and a (Nordstrand) Dingstrand Nordwall 5 for the bridge. It sounds like a great idea in Theory, but I know nothing outside of the EMG world since I’ve used them my whole music career. Any basic knowledge or even a better combination is welcome, Feel free to ask any spec questions about the build in general, I’ve all but gathered the rest of the upgraded hardware and this is the last piece to complete the puzzle.