Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

instruction and you

Discussion in 'Ask Steve Lawson & Michael Manring' started by sloppysubs, Jan 25, 2005.

1. sloppysubs

sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    steve and michael,
    i know, steve, that you do teach exclusivley. but i was wondering if you taught as well michael.
    im currently studying music at schools but find its not really what i want. i dotn plan on dropping out but i have to transfer due to a move i am making in a month or two. anyway i have given thought to taking "pro lessons". i really entertain the thought of learning from one of my heros.
    how would i go about seeking lessons from either one of you and what would they consist of?

thanks

2. Michael Manring

Michael Manring TalkBass Pro Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Hi Keith,

I teach occasionally in the SF Bay Area where I live when the schedule permits. For private lessons my general method is to find out what a student’s goals are and then see if I can help them come up with strategies to reach them. I have several pet ideas that I like, but I try not to push them on folks unless I feel they would be helpful. You can drop me a line at michael@manthing.com if you’re going to be out this way and we’ll see if we can set something up.

3. sloppysubs

sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    thanks a lot michael. ill be sending you an e-mail.