1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

instruction and you

Discussion in 'Ask Steve Lawson & Michael Manring' started by sloppysubs, Jan 25, 2005.

1. sloppysubs

sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    steve and michael,
    i know, steve, that you do teach exclusivley. but i was wondering if you taught as well michael.
    im currently studying music at schools but find its not really what i want. i dotn plan on dropping out but i have to transfer due to a move i am making in a month or two. anyway i have given thought to taking "pro lessons". i really entertain the thought of learning from one of my heros.
    how would i go about seeking lessons from either one of you and what would they consist of?

thanks

2. Michael Manring

Michael Manring TalkBass Pro Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Hi Keith,

I teach occasionally in the SF Bay Area where I live when the schedule permits. For private lessons my general method is to find out what a student’s goals are and then see if I can help them come up with strategies to reach them. I have several pet ideas that I like, but I try not to push them on folks unless I feel they would be helpful. You can drop me a line at michael@manthing.com if you’re going to be out this way and we’ll see if we can set something up.

3. sloppysubs

sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    thanks a lot michael. ill be sending you an e-mail.