1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Instruction in North Houston or Bryan/College Station areas

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by rockstarbassist, Dec 17, 2006.

1. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF
    I haven't gone up to Sam (Houston State University) which I guess I could, but everyone's home for a month now anyways for Christmas break, so, I'm looking for a teacher in either the Woodlands/North Houston area (WISH I still lived in central Texas!! Ed Freiland and me would be kicking it weekly!!!! :bawl: ), or in the B/CS area, as they're about equally apart from me.

I've kinda hit a wall after about 4 years of serious playing, and 8 years of overall playing. Pretty much learned everything I can by listening to music and watching videos, and need to get my "technical stuff" (reading, scales, etc..) up to snuff as I want to explore doing more session work and subbing for bands or singer/songwriters, etc.. after my recent band debacle (see my thread in the Performance/Management Forum...), so I want to at least be on par with other people I know I'd be competing with.

So, yeah. :) I'm flexible and don't mind driving so shoot me a PM or email if you might be interested!

I'd say as far as actual ability, I'd say I'm at an intermediate level, but as said some more of my basics need to be bumped a bit.

Thanks! :)