1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Instructional Books

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Jaswine85, Nov 24, 2002.

1. Well, its Christmas time and my parents want some small things ideas to go along with the big stuff ive asked for. I think it would be constructive to ask for some good edu books on bass...but i dont know any good ones. I currently own Bass Fretboard Basics and Music Reading for Bass which i use in conjunction with my exceptional teacher, however im looking for some more books we could use or that I could use in a solo fashion. Im interested in all styles including Rock, Metal, Jazz, Blues, and Thumbstyle(althought i dont really listen to funk, i suppose i take a more Flea-like approach to it). Not really into reggae but i find the bass somewhat interesting. Any suggestions for something that can help me expand myself and my band? I play 4 string.

Thanks!

J

2. Beefbass

Beefbass Guest

Feb 4, 2001
    Go to www.carolkaye.com then look under education. She has really good learning materials-I know, because I have several! :)