1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Instructional Videos for Roundabout?

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by bostich36, Mar 24, 2013.

1. bostich36

bostich36

Feb 13, 2013
    Does anyone know of any instructional videos for the song Roundabout? I've tried learning from numerous tabs but I can only play the opening riff. Any help would be appreciated.

-Thanks

2. Ezmar

Ezmar

Jul 8, 2010
    I would suggest learning it by ear. Other than the main riff, it's not too complicated, and Squire's bass tone is a lot easier than most to pick out from the mix. I'd give it a go. Don't worry about if you're playing exactly what he played in the studio, but don't guess at anything. If you're playing it and it sounds off, listen to that part and see if you can tell what's different. It's a good skill, and well worth the effort in so many ways.

3. jgroh

jgroh Supporting Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    +1

I spent years figuring out Rush songs by ear and it was well worth the effort. My ears are really good If I dont mind saying so, and I credit that time for it. There was no internet at the time and I wasnt old enough to drive let alone have any money to buy a book.