1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Instrument gear and the intelligence of a musician

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Iamthelampshade, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Iamthelampshade

Iamthelampshade

Aug 7, 2014
    Haven't you ever wondered why wouldn't gear makers make their product to the intelligence of a musician or at least a Drummer? I mean come on, I don't have time for a 36 band EQ. Why shouldn't it just do it itself?

2. JohnMCA72

JohnMCA72

Feb 4, 2009
    For that matter, why not make a bass that plays itself? I mean, come on, I don't have time to practice a bunch of songs!

Need Gigs likes this.
  3. mimaz

mimaz

Mar 1, 2005
    Wheeling WV
    Endorsing Artist: Crook Custom Guitars
    I always worry about that when I take a new bass to a gig...how can I be sure that it knows all the songs??

4. BazzTard

BazzTard Banned

but they DO make gear tailored to our intelligence, SHINY THINGS ! ooooohh ahhhh

Imaginary Pony likes this.
  5. mimaz

mimaz

Mar 1, 2005
    Wheeling WV
    Hmmmm....my wife has SOS (Shiny Object Syndrome) sometimes too...how do ya think I justify all this gear?

Last edited: Apr 7, 2015
    Zodion likes this.
  6. jetgraphics

jetgraphics

Dec 12, 2007
    Jawjuh
    ... Then there is the Celestial Icon of a candy apple red with white pickguard P-Bass . . .
    Oh, so pretty.

7. I'm pretty sure Gibson is currently working on this. It's the "next step" after G-Force/min-E tune/whatever they're calling it this year.

8. pcake

pcake Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Los Angeleez
    *LOLOLOL* :laugh:

9. Gaolee

Gaolee Official leathers tester and crash dummy

That's exactly why I always use the same amp and bass. They know the songs, know what the songs are supposed to sound like, and all that. I only have to stand there and look pretty. I'm really good at looking pretty while holding a well trained bass. I'm really ugly if the bass isn't well trained, no matter how long I just spent doing my hair.

rtav and mimaz like this.
  10. mimaz

mimaz

Mar 1, 2005
    Wheeling WV
    Ummmm, regarding my hair.... :(

11. dbase

dbase Gold Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2008
    South Jersey, USA..
    I would like to see a bass with powered tuning pegs that would constantly monitor each string for the proper pitch and adjust accordingly.
    If they can send a man to the moon ... etc. etc.

12. 2cooltoolz

2cooltoolz Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Lake Conroe, TX
    My precision bass has TWO KNOBS...and I've lost the manual!!!!:eek:

Imaginary Pony likes this.
  13. s0c9

s0c9 Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2014
    Ft.Worth/Dallas
    1964 Audio artist, Fractal Audio Beta Tester
    Well, you can tune both strings by turning one knob or the other left or right!

Need Gigs likes this.
  14. edencab

edencab

Aug 14, 2013
    Toronto, On
    oh the neck dive!