Instrument Insurance -- Protect your GAS!!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by tb-player, Nov 18, 2019.

1. Yes, I'm fully covered.

2. No separate policy. I'm fine with my home coverage.

3. Nope. Never even considered it.

4. (Obligatory carrot option)

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. tb-player

tb-player Gold Supporting Member

Mar 6, 2019
    How many people insure their musical instruments?

I was looking over my home insurance policy a few years back because it provides coverage for personal property. So I had some coverage for my basses & guitars if there were ever an incident that would affect them. But as I looked closer, I realized my home insurance deductible would apply to any loss. So if a bass was damaged/destroyed as a result of a claim, I wouldn't get enough money to fully replace it.

So I took out a separate, deductible-free Personal Articles Policy for a few items that would need replacing... MacBooks, the wife's engagement ring, and all of my basses/guitars.

It's pretty inexpensive, considering the fact that I could replace any of those items with zero deductible, if they were destroyed, stolen...etc. Granted, if I was a regular gigging musician, the cost would be a little higher. But all in all, a pretty good investment, I think.

Curious if anyone else does this?

2. MrLenny1

MrLenny1

Jan 17, 2009
    New England
    I use to carry a marine/floaters policy. It covered the gear
    for touring but got very expensive so I dropped it.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 27, 2021