Instrument Insurance

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by RobertPaulson, Jan 23, 2009.

1. RobertPaulson

RobertPaulson

Dec 11, 2008
    Des Moines
    How many people here have insurance for just their instruments. The robbery thread got me worried so I called my agent to make sure everything was covered under my homeowners insurance. While it is covered under my homeowners she said that they do offer additional coverage. Basically it would cover everything from theft to accidental damage (i.e. if I drop it and the neck snaps it's covered) There is no deductible and it's around $6/month I'm probably going to get the coverage as $6/month is well worth the peace of mind it will give me. Just curious if other people here have additional coverage for the musical equipment.

2. MadMan118

MadMan118

Jan 10, 2008
    Vallejo, CA
    I have an insurance policy on on all my basses and the equipment on my rig. The preimum is a bit pricey (based on value of gear) but when I need it I know its there.

3. crijan

crijan Supporting Member

Jul 6, 2005
    Dallas, Texas
    Endorsing: JH Audio IEMs
    If you belong to BMI or ASCAP they have info on musical equipment insurance on their websites for members.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 31, 2021