1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

instrument selector options apart from LS-2

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Blu bro, May 1, 2016.

1. Blu bro

Blu bro

Mar 1, 2012
    Aus
    So I have a LS-2 which I have been using to blend between two different loops, but now my board is changing and I am needing it to only do one function. That is having it at the beginning of my chain and I am wanting to have at least two different inputs (bass and synth) to one out put. Just like the setting on the LS-2 where you switch between input A or B to the same output.

The reason I like the LS-2 is because you have a volume control for each input selected. But the way my board is going... The LS-2 is perfect other than it is slightly too big. Is there anything that has this function (selectable inputs each with a volume control) that is in a smaller box? If not I'm sure someone like Saturn works could help me out. But worth checking first right?

2. There is a Morley Twin Mix Dual Channel Mixer/Combiner Pedal. While I wasn't able to find the dimensions of it, it looks like it could be a little larger than the LS-2, but maybe the different jack configuration will be helpful?

[​IMG]

Driven Crane likes this.
  3. blizward

blizward

Feb 21, 2013
    Rennes - France
    I hope I'm wrong but finding an option smaller than the ls-2 will be real hard.
    I have owned this for years and I can certify that it's strongly built. That said, it's passive and, as such, won't have volume controls for each input. This would be the smallest I can think of. Still passive though. but as you need to solder three jack in/outs in there, there's only so much room left.

Blu bro likes this.
  4. Blu bro

Blu bro

Mar 1, 2012
    Aus

Will definitely look into this one. Looks marginally smaller. I really need to gain about 1 inch in board space.

5. Blu bro

Blu bro

Mar 1, 2012
    Aus

unfortunately, I don't think I could use this one. was really hoping for a 1590 size box. In all honesty doesn't need volume control, as I could do that on each instrument. So passive input selector would do the job.

6. Blu bro

Blu bro

Mar 1, 2012
    Aus
  7. TheEmptyCell

TheEmptyCell Bearded Dingwall Enthusiast Banned

You've described an ABY pedal, and there are tons to choose from.

8. Blu bro

Blu bro

Mar 1, 2012
    Aus

You are right, what I am after is a reverse ABY pedal.

9. K-man

K-man

Aug 11, 2009
    Ontario
    Saturnworks (bass active 2 channel mixer) separate volume controls; and foot switches if you move to the bigger box. I like mine. Maybe it will work for you.

Blu bro likes this.
  10. sk8

sk8

May 10, 2007
    United Kingdom
    EHX Switchblade+ would do it. Works in reverse!