Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

instrument stand

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by tyburn, Jun 20, 2001.

1. my bro's just snapped my bass stand , the bottom two prongs, anyway, he has to replace it,, but what type should i get,, c'mon, he's buying it, what does anyone else use??.

2. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
  3. I have one of those Fender case-style stands that holds 3 electric guitars and/or basses or else 1 acoustic & 1 electric. Not exactly the most sturdy thing around, but not flimsy, either.
    The only thing that really sucks about it is that I have gig bags plus my acoustic case filling up one entire closet. Hopefully once summer is over I'll have gotten one of those Undercover bags, and can get rid of these other gig bags that're falling apart. :D

4. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
  5. i'm not that keen on hanging it from the neck, perhaps on my old MIA j, but not the new 5

thats just because of the bro, he's nearly 18, year younger than me, but we have some classic battles, so i need something that can take a few knocks, oh and something that i could perhaps take on stage, if my band mates ever get them selves sorted out

6. heres what he did to the last one

7. pkr2

pkr2

Apr 28, 2000
    coastal N.C.
    If he's gonna do that to your new stand, I would suggest that you build one out of brick. :)

Pkr2

8. For my Jazz, I use an "On-Stage Stand" it was $6 at Guitar Center. Its a black stand, supports it at the bottom and behind the neck and has orange rubber. It has 3 legs.

For my Strat, I have one of those cradle stands. My Jazz fell out of it, cuz its heavy.

For the Tractor Bass, I prop it against the wall on some shoes.

9. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Oh. It's Nomadic Herder.

Let's just move on. :D

10. lol...naw, it must have been the wind making that noise. EH, unimportant :-D

11. lump

lump

Jan 17, 2000
    St. Neots, UK
    That one looks like a winner. Brook Mays has 'em for about $35.

I've been wondering about the wisdom of setting a $3400 bass on $6 stand...:oops:

12. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Well, trust me, this thing is STURDY. It'd take a few whacks from that mallet to do any harm to it. I'd assume before that could happen you could distract your little maniac of a brother. Personally, if I had a sibling doing that to my stuff, I'd be using that hammer on THEM pretty quickly.

As for the basses themselves sitting in the KB-38 safely under an onstage situation, well I have kept one of a kind basses in them for years, totally irreplaceable ones. Right now, my Zon Sonus Special 5 Fretless lives in one. I wouldn't trust it to anything less.

13. cool, i feel happier knowing you put your zon in it, i'll just have to see if i can find one here in England, i have a £2000 bass and at 19 i think it''l be a few years before i could replace it, especially since i'm a poor student,that bass took alot of bargaining to get, and the trade of my beautiful MIA J , but she's worth it

my bro, now he's another thing all together, now i'm a big kinda guy, but hes just as big, like 6'5 i'm 6'6"

and we're the same build, so it's kinda like a godzilla movie battle, we break lots of things, saying that, he broke the guitar stand by standing on it! :(