Instruments other than bass

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Floating teetH, Oct 30, 2004.

1. I was wonderin' what instruments, if any, you folks play (other than bass).

My first instrument was the alto saxaphone. I played the cello for a while, but I didn't enjoy it very much. Now I can hardly stand to hear anything played w/ a bow because there's generally a certain abrasiveness about the sound that has a fingernails/chalkboard type effect on me. unless it's david blackmon, I prefer melotron strings nowadays, or perhaps the non-melotron strings on a nord lead 3. Rant ends. :)
  2. Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
  3. My first one was Trumpet. Then I went to guitar (which I still play) and I play bass now (2 years december 5th). In the spare time at band practice I try and teach myself drums
  4. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    kazoo :cool:

i need to pick up the guitar again my chops are shot

actually i'm a huge fan of the viol family myself.............just havent gotten around to picking one up.
  5. Played Drums in a reggae band
    also dabbled in keyboards but technically useless
  6. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
  7. Piano first instrument (10 years)
    Bass second (3 years)
    Guitar third (3 months)

It's all music!
  8. Guitar, I'm starting to get into banjo, and I hack at piano, but not enough to say I play. I started on trumpet a long time ago.
  9. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    my main axe is trumpet
  10. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

Saxophones of any sort. In fact I really want to pick up a Yamaha wind synth and a Selmer Series III tenor asap. Probably will be awhile though. At least for the Selmer.
  11. Stinkoman20xx

Oct 19, 2003
    First insturment was an alto sax.The learned bass and picked up keyboard and guitar pretty quickly. Bought a violin and trying to learn that.
  12. Joey3313

Nov 28, 2003
    For me it's
    1)Drums (3 years)
    2)Bass (about a year)
    3)Acoustic Guitar (I dabble, have one in my room so I play, badly, occasionally/often).
  13. keb

Mar 30, 2004
    I also play piano/keyboards, guitar, a little upright bass, and I can get by on drums. But the bass guitar in its various forms (4, 5, 6+ strings, fretted or fretless) is my true love.
  14. I've played (In this order)

3)French Horn

I love playing music.
  15. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    I also play guitar (that was actually my first instrument) and have basic notions of playing drums and keyboards.
  16. i actually do...some of ou origionals is gonna feature kazoo instead of horns :D
    but is used to play piano badly, and i was absolutely sh*t house at i made the next logical choice and never looked back
  17. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Anyone here play bass as a 2nd instrument, rather than as their primary money-maker?

I do a little guitar and like others, I hack at piano and drums. Doing drum lessons, so I should be passable in a few months.
  18. I am learning the melodica. :hyper:
  19. cosmodrome

cosmodrome Registered User

Apr 30, 2004
    ****town, Netherlands
    i also play drums and to be honoust, if i were to do it all over again i'd prefer the drums.
  20. Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    yeah, my first instrument is violin, just cause i've been playing since i was knee high to a grasshopper or some such metaphor.

i also play guitar, piano, cello and recorder! (hXcore i know)