1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
    TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

insulating rack mouted units (grrr!)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Howard K, Sep 8, 2003.

  1. Howard K

    Howard K

    Feb 14, 2002
    right, i have a new toy - a rack mount effect unit. set up via send+return in my amp.

    the problem is that there's an earth loop that occurs when the effects unit is mounted in the rack - i.e. it loops between the unit through the rack mount fixings.

    Now, I know you can get special fixings that isolate the casing of the unit fom the rack case itself - but i dont know what they're called or where i might get them in the UK!?

    I've tried maplins web site, but of course if you dont know the name if what you're looking you're a bit stuck!

    Any help, or suggestions of how to cure the problem, very welcome!!!

  2. JMX

    JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

    Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    They're called Humfrees.
  3. Howard K

    Howard K

    Feb 14, 2002
    If you're not joking, that's such a cool name!! :)

    cheers :)
  4. Howard K

    Howard K

    Feb 14, 2002
    yeah found some.. cool!