1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Insurance

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by oldsaw, May 3, 2001.

1. How many of you insure your basses?

It has come time for me to renew my insurance on my basses. I have found that I am able to save $120s this year not using my previous insurer out of Pa. My new broker writes the insurance for about $32MM worth of high end instruments in 12 states. He just did one for a bass valued at $150K.
    Question....Have others found better rates than brokers endorsed by the ISB? Also his deductable is $100.00.

Mark

2. Bob Gollihur

Bob Gollihur GollihurMusic.com

Mar 22, 2000
    New Joisey Shore
    Big Cheese Emeritus: Gollihur Music
    I had my bass and all my equipment insured through Merz-Huber, the one ISB recommends and for which you can get a good discount. However, when they raised their minimum to $200/yr (not really a problem) and their deductible to $500 (a problem since I have several items in the $100-500 range), I looked around and found www.musicpro.com

They have a $100 deductible, and as a bonus cover $5000 (I believe that's the $#) worth of computer equipment as well under the same premium - which was good for me with all my PC stuff. They are not as "professional"- I guess that's the way to put it, as Merz-Huber, and are slower to react to changes, but so far so good, I guess. I don't know anyone personally who has filed a claim with either.