1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Insurance

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by Greg Clinkingbeard, Mar 2, 2008.

1. Greg Clinkingbeard

Greg Clinkingbeard

Apr 4, 2005
    Kansas City area
    KC Strings
    With a nice new bass in the house, I'm revisiting instrument insurance. My current policy is with State Farm.Fine in the past but when I tried to insure a $9000 bass the woman pronounced my beloved instrument like a fish:eek:. No problem insuring the AI Focus but she wondered what the speaker cabinets were used for..................................:rollno: I'm assured that everything is covered but not sleeping well.

Can I get a good recommendation? I've got between $15 and $20K to cover and I don't want to mess around.

2. I assume you mean your homeowner's policy is with State Farm, right? Don't put your stuff on your homeowner's. Get an instrument policy from a company that does them. I'm a ISB member so I get discounted insurance through Mertz-Huber. I recall there being a discussion of some other company that has decent rates w/o requiring the ISB membership.

3. Marc Piane

Marc Piane

Jun 14, 2004
    Chicago
    I use MusicPro. Never had to make a claim but the whole process can be done online and is quick and easy. I've heard good things from other people.