1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  


Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by Greg Clinkingbeard, Mar 2, 2008.

  1. Greg Clinkingbeard

    Greg Clinkingbeard

    Apr 4, 2005
    Kansas City area
    KC Strings
    With a nice new bass in the house, I'm revisiting instrument insurance. My current policy is with State Farm.Fine in the past but when I tried to insure a $9000 bass the woman pronounced my beloved instrument like a fish:eek:. No problem insuring the AI Focus but she wondered what the speaker cabinets were used for..................................:rollno: I'm assured that everything is covered but not sleeping well.

    Can I get a good recommendation? I've got between $15 and $20K to cover and I don't want to mess around.
  2. I assume you mean your homeowner's policy is with State Farm, right? Don't put your stuff on your homeowner's. Get an instrument policy from a company that does them. I'm a ISB member so I get discounted insurance through Mertz-Huber. I recall there being a discussion of some other company that has decent rates w/o requiring the ISB membership.
  3. Marc Piane

    Marc Piane

    Jun 14, 2004
    I use MusicPro. Never had to make a claim but the whole process can be done online and is quick and easy. I've heard good things from other people.

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.