Integrity Blues

Discussion in 'Ask Justin Meldal-Johnsen' started by machell, Nov 1, 2016.

Tags:
  1. machell

machell

Jun 6, 2006
    Auckland, NZ
    Hey Justin,

Been digging the new Jimmy Eat World record. It definitely seems like a return to form, to me. Great tunes and a much broader musical and sonic palette which to be honest, I wasn't expecting from them at this stage in their career. There's much more mojo in bassland than previous records. Really rich and pleasing tones, as opposed to the normal PBass vibe I'd come to expect.

Don't suppose you'd care to elaborate on bass/synth choices and anything else cool about the project that's pertinent?

Rhys

waynobass and Fab Superlative like this.
  2. jmjbassplayer

jmjbassplayer Justin Meldal-Johnsen Gold Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2005
    Thank you. Glad you like it. It was a labor of big love for me. There's quite a lot of P-Bass, but there's also Rickenbacker 4003 (You With Me), and Rick Burch's hollowbody Lakland, and perhaps some Hofner action too. Synths are too numerous to mention, but for monosynth I made extensive use of my 70's Moog Multimoog. Polys include Prophet 5, Prophet VS, Roland Jupiter 6 and 8, Oberheim Matrix 12, Juno 60, and Mellotron. Also there's some tasty bits via Arp 2600 and GRPA4 for sequenced bleepy bits.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 15, 2021