1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Intellitouch WT1 Freedom One Tuner/wireless

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by loopee, Oct 11, 2013.

1. loopee

loopee Supporting Member

May 12, 2009
    Surrey, B.C. Canada
    Anyone have any experience with this Digital Wireless Pedal Tuner?

Seems a bit flimsy but great price if it works.....

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    They're ok, but certainly not pro level gear. I'd never take one on a gig, but for home, it's ok.

3. WalterBush

WalterBush

Feb 27, 2005
    Yuma, Az
    Full disclosure, I'm a certified Fender technician working in a music store that carries Fender, Yamaha, and Ibanez products among others.
    They sound fine to my ears, the range can drop SHARPLY depending on environmental interference, which means the 30+ foot range can quickly become 10 feet. Some of my store's customers think they're the bee's knees, others decide they can't handle the short range.

Not bad for the money, imo, but Samson (and a few other companies, I'm sure) has much more capable units for around thirty bucks more.

4. loopee

loopee Supporting Member

May 12, 2009
    Surrey, B.C. Canada
    thank you....that's what I was thinking too.....I need a new tuner and saw that one and figured a wireless/tuner combo is a great idea but I'd prefer better quality....I'd be using it at pub jams and now pubs have wifi so that would bring in some interference too.......it would see a lot of wear and tear since I'm not using a pedalboard for jams and it does look a little flimsy....

5. RoadRanger

RoadRanger Supporting Member

Feb 18, 2004
    NE CT
    Just saw one of these on MF for $81, looks like something OK for a jam space so I ordered one up. How are they holding up for yous guys that bought one?

BTW I haven't seen it mentioned but I'm pretty sure it uses class 2 Bluetooth (like many cheapo wireless systems) - hence the 10 meter range of class 2 Bluetooth.

6. RoadRanger

RoadRanger Supporting Member

Feb 18, 2004
    NE CT
    Hmm... Worked at a couple rehearsals - then died at its first gig :( . I had it all set up and running, and then unplugged the transmitter from the bass. When I went to start the sound check the transmitter seems to be connecting (according to all the status lights) but no audio is passed. I connected a cord between the pedal and my bass and the tuner was still working fine. I'm concerned that my active bass burned it up - there is 18 volts put to the tip of the transmitter's plug every time you plug it in and out of the bass (due to the nature of how an active bass's power is "switched"). Maybe it wasn't designed to withstand that? I'll be returning it to MF for replacement and if the second one doesn't last I'll get a refund. Too bad, it was pretty cool when it worked :sorry: .