Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Interested in mug or poster or...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by Bob Gollihur, Apr 10, 2001.

1. a mug?

17 vote(s)
    41.5%
  2. a poster?

21 vote(s)
    51.2%
  3. neither

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  4. something else; please post a suggestion, or choose 1 or 2 if one of those PLUS something else

2 vote(s)
    4.9%
  1. Bob Gollihur

Bob Gollihur GollihurMusic.com

Mar 22, 2000
    New Joisey Shore
    Big Cheese Emeritus: Gollihur Music
    I've been in discussion with Martin Clevinger (of Clevinger Basses- cool EUBs) about his painting-- this is the one that graces my Links page, with his permission:

[​IMG]

He had added the EUB image, but it is not part of the original painting he did in the 70's or 80's, and we will be using the original sans EUB.

I contacted him last year about making mugs with the image on it; he also said he gets requests for posters.

Anyway, we will probably embark upon this project, but I'd love some representative feedback from bassists on whether they'd consider a mug OR poster, or both, or is there some other item to suggest. It will involve a significant capital outlay, so call this "market research".

thanks! Bob

2. I've always thought that was such a cool pic. It needs to be BIG!!!!!!!
    I voted poster.

3. Bob Gollihur

Bob Gollihur GollihurMusic.com

Mar 22, 2000
    New Joisey Shore
    Big Cheese Emeritus: Gollihur Music
    I see a lot of views (over 30) but only one click/vote! No obligation here, folks, just looking for some opinions! Please.

thanks, Bob

4. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    I voted mug, but only if it's big enough to hold some SERIOUS COFFEE. Teacups posing as coffee mugs need not apply.

5. Monte

Monte

Jan 9, 2001
    New Albany, MS
    I'm with Chris! The large quantities of coffee needed to get me to my 5:30AM workout that I started to get down to a somewhat less bear-sized physique won't fit in yer typical pansy mugs. Plus, the pic will look better on a big mug.

6. i would be nice as a coffee mug and real nice as a poster, if it was available i would buy the set.

:D

7. I voted for the mug, that would be very cool. As nice as the picture is, I don't think it would make onto a wall in my house.

8. How about a Thermos? That's about how much coffee it takes to get me going....

9. That pic is way cool!

I voted for poster... I always think that some simple pics, kind of scetches fit more on mugs...

like this one, for example: (see attachment)

maybe even with the animation,... ;)

10. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    In the "other" category: have you thought about a liscense plate? I've been looking for something for the front of my truck, and have found nothing "bass," at all. So, call me self serving, but there might me people interested in getting some basso on their cars....but, I'd also be interested in a coffee mug. : - ) Since my gf moved in, I've done good to get Coltrane to stay on the wall, so I don't think a double bass poster has a chance...

11. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    AL/GA
    I't be great to get that pic on anything, but I voted mug. Nowhere to hang a poster, either. I think the car tag is a great idea too.

12. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Voted mug.

Now that I've voted do I get a free bass?

13. Joe Taylor

Joe Taylor

Dec 20, 2001
    Tracy CA
  14. pkr2

pkr2

Apr 28, 2000
    coastal N.C.
    Sorry to muddy the water, Bob, but I would love to have a tee shirt with the picture on it.

My first choice between the two options listed would be the mug.

Pkr2

15. pkr2

pkr2

Apr 28, 2000
    coastal N.C.
    Posted first, went back to the top to vote and the liner says I've already voted. My post must have counted for a vote.

Pkr2

16. Any updates on the topic AH Bob?

17. oklarain

oklarain

Feb 4, 2002
    Seattle, WA
    I voted mug. Poster would be cool too. T-shirt would be righteous.

18. Mug.

I drink a lot.

Of coffee.