Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

interesting adjuster installation

Discussion in 'Setup & Repair [DB]' started by ctxbass, Nov 7, 2005.

1. tww001

tww001

Aug 13, 2003
    Telford, PA
    that's a very interesting design. I remember seeing another type of adjustable bridge in a catalogue somewhere...the adjust was a singly wheel in the middle of the bridge placed perpendicular to the bass rather than parallel

2. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    Mike Pecanic has something like that.

It is a bit more advanced in that it has a wheel for each strong allowing individual adjustments.

3. tww001

tww001

Aug 13, 2003
    Telford, PA
    I've seen Mike Pecanic's adjustable bridges before. Not the one I was talking about though...I'll have to ask my Grampa...I saw it in a catalogue of his once.

Here's another interesting bridge I found doing a Google search: http://www.mosesgraphite.com/images/products/UB-30.jpg

4. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
  5. tww001

tww001

Aug 13, 2003
    Telford, PA
    Yes. That's exactly the one I was talking about. By looking at the picture though, I can't seem to see how it would raise the bridge height though...there don't seem to be any moveable parts in the wood.

6. tww001

tww001

Aug 13, 2003
    Telford, PA
    Oh...I see...the wings move in and out to push the front of the bridge up...the point is to NOT see the wood separate.