Interesting Ampeg combo on E-bay

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ThatOneGuy, Mar 11, 2004.

1. ThatOneGuy

Jan 2, 2004
  2. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.

Something tells me that theres more than a loose wire wrong with that thing.
    But hey, id use it for parts if i had it (thats if it didnt work) and didnt have to pay bazillions of dollars to get it out here. :rolleyes:
  3. lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    If I wasn't fixing a SVT, I'd be on it...
  4. It's one of their transistor (solid-state) models, late 80's or early 90's I believe.

If you know anything about fixing transistor amps, could be worth.......well, really, it ain't worth all that much, even if it weren't broken. If you know nothing about fixing amps, you're buying trouble. Amp service ain't cheap, and this probably isn't a good amp for a beginner to learn electronics troubleshooting on.

Personally I wouldn't buy it "sight unseen", and I dabble in fixing amps. It has the potential to cost more in shipping than the thing's worth.
  5. bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Ampeg is a very interesting company in that they tried so many products over the years that you will continually trip across these closet cases. I applaud them for taking the chances to bring something new to market, but I wonder how much market research they do, and how much marketing support they throw behind these orphans. They do make for interesting collector pieces.