Interesting article

Discussion in 'Bows and Rosin [DB]' started by Steve Killingsworth, Apr 7, 2004.

1. Good artical. Should be interesting to see what happens with bowmaking in the next couple decades... Good think basses are made from plain old maple and spruce and not some exotic stuff! We'd all be playing those aluminum or carbon fibre things. :crying:
  2. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    I imagine if the plight of pernambuco is indeed a poor one, will see the carbon bows become even more popular.

I am certainly going to make every effort to give one a thorough test before buying another bow.
  3. I've played several very good carbon bows, but imo they can't compare to a quality handmade wood bow. It seems like no matter how good they are, they just don't have any life or soul in them... I think what really needs to be done is try to find alternative woods. I know snakewood makes good bows, and I'd love to try one. Surely there must be more than one or two kinds of wood in the world that can make good bows and can be used at least until we can build the supply of pernambuco back up.