Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Interesting Bass Workout.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Woodchuck, Mar 20, 2003.

1. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I've been bored basswise for the past week or so, so I decided to do something interesting. Learn a CD each day. Being spot on would be nice, but I shoot for at least 85-90%. Yesterday it was "Faces" by E,W,&,F. Today it was Con Funk Shun's Greatest Hits. Not a bad thing to try. I found out tonight that I actually CAN dance and play at the same time. Tomorrow, I'm going to give "Katy Lied" a spin.

2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I did that with all the primus albums when I first started playing...I usually got through 10-12 songs on the longer ones...ther was usually always one or two songs that escaped me...but I'd try and get the general idea if I didn't get the whole song.

3. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Exactly!

4. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    *high fives woodchuck*!

5. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    I usually put the radio or some music video channel and start playing out what im hearing

im gonna go try that woodchuck
    :)

6. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    I can't quite pick apart songs that quickly by ear yet. Do you guys have an aweful lot of free time to be learning whole albums each day? lol Dave obviously has nothing better to do, but as for the rest of you...;) What happened to making a great avatar for that special occasion anyway Dave? haha :)

7. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I practice upwards of 8 hours a day...thats more than enough time to pound through an album.

8. Melf

Melf

Mar 20, 2003
    Starkville, MS
    WR, how do you find the time to practice 8 hours a day? Don't you work? :confused:

9. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    That's what i was thikin... I practice about 2 hours a day normally and I thought that was alot, but man...:eek:

10. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    ...of my pocket calculator.

brad cook

ps - by pressing this special key it plays a little melody.

11. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    *high fives digme*!
    rock on..glad you caught my kraftwerk

As for my inane practice time...I usually stay up till 3 AM playing...I will sit down at 7 and stop anywhere from 1-3 AM.

Right now I'm on spring break, so I wake up, play bass, have breakfast, play bass(while browsing talkbass) then play some more bass, maybe play some video games or watch some tv, then play some more bass, then goto bed.

I don't normally work, I goto school though.

12. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    By being a "professional" muso, I have loads of time to practice.

13. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    Nice idea, Woodchuck. I should give that one a go. Though, I don't really have time to keep up a CD a day - too much on at work. Yesterday, I left work at 9:15pm, got home at 10pm, went to bed before 11:30pm. How lame is that? :rolleyes: Less than an hour and a half to myself. And then I was back at work at 7:30 this morning!

Maybe at the weekend I'll go through Katy Lied :)