Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Interesting basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mike88T, Feb 13, 2002.

1. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

By golly, they are very cool. I like the Pegasasu. And you gotta love a company that makes, 3, 2, and even 1 string basses!

[​IMG]

2. The individual “click turn” pickups are interesting, although it’s kind of hard to navigate the site with the two languages.

3. red-hot-bassist

red-hot-bassist

Sep 18, 2001
    glasgow
    is that ow japanese is written on a computer?
    do japanese computers have automatic shift buttons???

4. I'm kinda wanting to check out the 1, 2, and 3 string basses. They got some pretty unique designs. I'm gonna get a catalog from them just to see what else they have.

Um... does anyone know how much 300,000 Yen is in relation to US dollars?

[​IMG]

I think this is my favorite one.

Edit: After checking out exchange rates, the cheapest one string bass is around $430, and the most expensive bass is around $4300.

5. pilotjones

pilotjones Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2001
    US-NY-NYC
    I emailed them about a year ago asking for a catalog. About three months later I got a big envelope with a booklet and about 15 cut sheets on individual basses. They are very interesting. The maker claims many original designs/inventions. A few of them are used elsewhere (such as a nut like Warwick's "just-a-nut"), which raises issues of who copied whom.

6. Suburban

Suburban

Jan 15, 2001
    lower mid Sweden
    Probably they came up with the same ideas without knowing of eachother. Thats what simple ideas (hard to manufacture) often do.