1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Interesting "Custom" Approach

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by LuvMusic, May 29, 2011.

1. LuvMusic

LuvMusic

Aug 18, 2007
    Oak Park, IL
    Was doing some mindless surfing while waiting-out a storm so I could go grocery shopping.

Stumbled upon this site Fender Standard P-Bass Custom Mod Leo Quan Seymour Duncan SPB-3 - Sigler Music Center.

It appears they take a stock MIM P bass, install a few popular mods and sell as a package. Mods they mention are SD 1/4 pounder pup, Badass II bridge, cts pots and I believe the pickguard is upgraded too. They sell the package at what appears to me to be a competitive price.

Anyway, not affiliated with the seller in any way, shape or form. Also, not experienced with the final product. Just thought it was an interesting concept.

2. gitlvr

gitlvr

Nov 13, 2009
    No. Va., USA
    Might be a good idea for those who don't like/know how to do those mods themselves(assuming they want them in the first place).
    Now, if they took it one step further, and did a high quality setup( nut slot height, level frets, neck relief, action adjustment and pickup height adjustment), then you'd have something much more.

3. gitlvr

gitlvr

Nov 13, 2009
    No. Va., USA
    Well, it looks like I should read the ad copy before replying to posts like this. According to the ad, they've done a "meticulous" set up.
    Looks like a nice deal for 600 smackers.

4. LuvMusic

LuvMusic

Aug 18, 2007
    Oak Park, IL
    Whatever "meticulous" means? However, just checked what a Standard P bass is selling for at MF and it was listed at $579.00. SD 1/4 pounders are about $55.00 and a Badass bridge is about $75.00 (if you can find one).

So, if my math is right, that's about $130.00 worth of mods for about $20.00 (at street prices).

If I was looking for a new bass, I might roll the dice on this.