1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Interesting fleabay find

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Baryonyx, Feb 6, 2006.

1. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Kubicki-Ex-Fact...QQitemZ7388015466QQcategoryZ4713QQssPageNameZ WDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I've had this brought to my attention...going quite cheap, could be a bit of a collectors item. Certainly doesn't look like a player, more like something to be kept in a museum to preserve it!

I'd like to know who the "pro" player that owned it was...at first I thought the seller might be alluding to Stuart Hamm when he said the bassist was a "slap monster" from Chicago, but Stu used to live in Champaign, Illinois, before moving to San Fransico...not to mention that his first kubicki was #45, the "two tone" blue one that can be seen in his first video...

Interesting.

2. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    I love this idea for 4 stringers:

[​IMG]

3. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    I find I don't use the D-clip on my Ex-Factor all that much...I guess I should since it's there! :meh:

4. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    I wouldn't put it in a museum. I'd send it back to Philip to be somewhat restored without losing the mojo. That thing is a player.

5. Pennydreadful

Pennydreadful Goin out West

Jun 13, 2005
    Arlington, Texas
    Well....Ew!:bag:

Sorry, guys, I just can't get on with the Kubickis or Steinbergers.

6. mmm me either... got a hipshot on the E of my stringray 5 (yes on the 'e' took a lil' bit of modification to fit it but it's great) ... I use that occasionally when I"m bored or feeling lazy and playing in D... or doing some chordal stuff. I mean, it's a cool idea and all... but why not just get a drop tuner?

7. This way the rest of your notes are in the same spots

You dont have to rethink that the A on your E string would 7th, it stays on the 5th fret