Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Interesting fleabay find

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Baryonyx, Feb 6, 2006.

1. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Kubicki-Ex-Fact...QQitemZ7388015466QQcategoryZ4713QQssPageNameZ WDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I've had this brought to my attention...going quite cheap, could be a bit of a collectors item. Certainly doesn't look like a player, more like something to be kept in a museum to preserve it!

I'd like to know who the "pro" player that owned it was...at first I thought the seller might be alluding to Stuart Hamm when he said the bassist was a "slap monster" from Chicago, but Stu used to live in Champaign, Illinois, before moving to San Fransico...not to mention that his first kubicki was #45, the "two tone" blue one that can be seen in his first video...

Interesting.

2. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    I love this idea for 4 stringers:

[​IMG]

3. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    I find I don't use the D-clip on my Ex-Factor all that much...I guess I should since it's there! :meh:

4. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    I wouldn't put it in a museum. I'd send it back to Philip to be somewhat restored without losing the mojo. That thing is a player.

5. Pennydreadful

Pennydreadful Goin out West

Jun 13, 2005
    Arlington, Texas
    Well....Ew!:bag:

Sorry, guys, I just can't get on with the Kubickis or Steinbergers.

6. mmm me either... got a hipshot on the E of my stringray 5 (yes on the 'e' took a lil' bit of modification to fit it but it's great) ... I use that occasionally when I"m bored or feeling lazy and playing in D... or doing some chordal stuff. I mean, it's a cool idea and all... but why not just get a drop tuner?

7. This way the rest of your notes are in the same spots

You dont have to rethink that the A on your E string would 7th, it stays on the 5th fret