1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Interesting inexpensive fiver -

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dark Horse, Apr 19, 2010.

1. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX
  2. Twocan

Twocan Living the Dream

Oct 5, 2009
    MA
    That is nice - I've looked at these in the past, but the shipping from Asia usually is the deterrent. This is certinaly a rare opportunity to knock about $100 off the shipping!

3. Dark Horse

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Yeah...it's one of those things that I kinda want "just to have", but I know I'd never use it or need it for a gig... so I thought I'd mention it here. Plus I thought maybe had some experience with the brand.

(PS: The owner needs to use X-Long scale strings :) )

4. Spinal Tapper

Spinal Tapper

Nov 15, 2007
    Chicago
    Yeah, I've seen a thread about them before - I heard they're all flash and no smash...but I can't seem to find the thread about them

5. Dark Horse

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX

As long as the woodwork is done well it should be affordable enough to replace the electronics and wind up with a pretty good bass for low $$$.

Worst case scenario - A Wishbass type thing - you get it knowing it will be a project.

If the woodwork is "off", though....

6. XtheDeadPawn

XtheDeadPawn

May 24, 2008
    Texas
    Looks hideous too me. Wishbass too they both look like some weird 80's action movie prop.

7. What's up with the silk windings on the strings over the nut slots? Is this the wrong length strings for this bass?

8. Dark Horse

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX
    It is a 35" scale. I mentioned the strings earlier -

:D

9. Looks like an Antoniotsai.

10. Ah thanks, I missed that.

11. epic!

epic!

Jan 16, 2010
    i really hate when people ruin a good looking bass with lame graphics on the body

12. togglehead

togglehead Supporting Member

Jul 1, 2009
    San Diego, CA
    It does. But ill bet some are following his lead, now...no?

FWIW...i have an Antoniotsai 7 string and with a little work...that thing is unbeatable for the price. I got lucky with no hideous inlays.