Interesting Looking 1963 Jazz Bass on eBay

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rossiman, Mar 21, 2014.

1. rossiman

rossiman

Aug 12, 2011
    Chicago
  2. I say what a lovely neck.

I wonder if it's been re-sprayed with nitro or poly? Looks brand new.

Davo

3. smcd

smcd

Jun 28, 2009
    Boston, MA
    Man do I HATE it when sellers pull this stunt -

"The Fender Jazz bass was introduced in blah....blah... blah....blah... blah....blah... blah....blah... blah....blah... blah....blah...this bass has been refinished...blah....blah... blah....blah... blah....blah... blah....blah... blah....blah... blah....blah...and it's been modified... blah....blah... blah....blah... blah....blah... blah....blah...

4. stacker

stacker Inactive

Feb 24, 2010
    scotland
    I had a '64 just like that, with the(refin) oly finish and matching headstock and the neck had a lovely flame to it down near the lower register.

5. Tom Howland

Tom Howland Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2003
    :cool:

It does not look right?
    Hardware is new, looks gold. Maybe just the light. No ware anywhere. Bridge, tuners, nut. Neck also looks refinished?
    Can't tell about pickups?
    Why would this need a refinish, if everything else looks brand new? Has it been played, or is it just made?

6. Low Class

Low Class

Jul 4, 2005
    Gasaholic
    Other than the finish and the pickguard I see very little that doesn't look right. Old style Kluson tuners, not the high ratio reissues. Everything on the neck looks correct, flathead screws on the control plate, electronics look right, ground strap is correct, original case, etc. I'd buy this right now if I had 6k.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 2, 2021