Interesting Pat Buchanan article about Iraq

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by slam, Feb 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slam

slam Guest

Mar 22, 2000
  2. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Buchanan is a known isolationist too. (among other things) Hardly my favorite thinker, columnist.

I've been thinking to myself for the last few weeks that maybe Iran is the true target.
  3. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Wow, amazing. What makes you believe that? You'd have a hard time to find even indications for that.
  4. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

I rarely agree with PJB, but he makes some sense. I however prefer The Onion's take:

Saddam Enrages Bush With Full Compliance
    WASHINGTON, DC—President Bush expressed frustration and anger Monday over a U.N. report stating that Iraqi president Saddam Hussein is now fully complying with weapons inspections. "Enough is enough," a determined Bush told reporters. "We are not fooled by Saddam's devious attempts to sway world opinion by doing everything the U.N. asked him to do. We will not be intimidated into backing down and, if we have any say in the matter, neither will Saddam." Bush added that any further Iraqi attempt to meet the demands of the U.N. or U.S. will be regarded as "an act of war."
  5. seamus

Feb 8, 2001
    suspending the real world consequences of the entire situation for a moment, I agree, The Onion's take is pretty funny :D
  6. Ben Mishler

Ben Mishler

Jan 22, 2003
    San Jose
    That artricle by PJB defintely sums up my stance on this issue of war with Iraq. I just don't buy the reasons why we should go get even more involved in an area that has caused us so much trouble. IMHO of course.
  7. slam

slam Guest

Mar 22, 2000
    That Onion article is pretty funny. Thanks for posting it.
  8. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2001
  9. jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.