Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Interesting point on shipping packages

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Matthew Bryson, Apr 16, 2004.

1. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    I've got my first "big" amp on the way, purchased from a fellow TB'er. (thanks zongeek) …now I'm your basic naturally paranoid type and being that I'm having it shipped to my place of employment, I called the gal in the mail room to discuss the receipt of the package. Being the paranoid freak that I am, I asked her "do you think I should ask the sender to mark the package fragile / handle with care?" She replied emphatically "NO!" She said that would only make the package a target (for malicious or disgruntled UPS employees) and she said it's better to leave it unmarked, even if it is fragile. I suspect that she knows her stuff as she's been running the mail room for several years now and has no doubt received many thousands of packages and spent countless hours BS'ing with the UPS guy, the Fed Ex guy, DHL, etc. So do you people agree, it's best to ship in unmarked packages? Any experience with damaged shipments marked handle with care? One of these days, I'm going to loose faith in the human race.

2. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

I dunno, do your stevedores ever steal a container if
    the BOL is marked Frozen shrimp, 1200 cartons ?

:bawl: