Interesting Ric On Ebay

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by B'Aces High, Oct 24, 2004.

1. There is an interview in bass player magaizine on geezer. When talking of his axes, i do not recall him saying he had a heavily modified Ric.

That bass is too modified. I prefer the shark tooth inlays and stock pickups. no wonder geezer dumped it.
  2. iualum

Apr 9, 2004
    Those photos are the absolute worst I've ever seen.
  3. Why did they replace the standard ric pickup in the birdge? surely it lost its rick sound?

4. Kinda was what i was getting at...

As soon as Rics are modded it dramatically reduces their value....thats why i see him(the seller) playing the "Geez" angle.
  5. Some artists quite a while back used to do this because they said the old pickups wouldnt give enough low end or the pickups were sometimes changed to more "beefier" ones.
    As the years went on though Ric pickups have gotten stronger and better...i find its a procedure not as common with new Rics now.
  6. So it lost its Ricky clank? That's sad......if you want bassy sounds, get a fender jazz(well, in those days, the jazz or precision was a beefy low end bass).
  7. RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    I'm looking at that doesn't seem terribly authentic. Anybody could get generic sales receipts and scribble on them. And, the placement of the name on the receipt is even suspect! When's the last time your name appeared on the product description line? There's a "Received From" line.
  8. keb

Mar 30, 2004
    That looks like it used to be a limited-edition 4003 "Shadow" bass (that particular fingerboard plus the black finish).

EDIT: Yeah, the vigilant Rick gurus at the Rickenbacker Forum jumped on this one. Allegedly only 50 or 60 of these basses were made. Shame it's been modded to hell!
  9. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    Anyone else notice Geezers been doing a lot of things lately?
  10. Yup..if it is, its a rare bass...i think from what i last read there was only about 50 shadows ever made...and this ones ruined (for collectability sake) with that pickup change...
    Quite a shame.
  11. Thats a awesome pickup change. Mudbuckers rule. Just too bad it was on such a collectable bass.