Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Interesting start-up luthier

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by slowburnaz, Jul 6, 2004.

1. slowburnaz

slowburnaz

Mar 27, 2002
    Tucson, AZ
  2. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Not bad, but I think Warwick may call about the headstock. Good lookin' bass though.

3. i like it. the body shape seems a little unique, but its a sweet lookin' bass none the less.

4. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
  5. im not so sure id be willing to drop 2 grand on it. maybe if i got to play it first. its still a nice bass though.

6. Very nice looking bass. The only thing that bothers me a little is that the pickups are very close together. Since most bassists use the bridge pickup when playing solo, how is the sound reproduction relating to clarity?

7. slowburnaz

slowburnaz

Mar 27, 2002
    Tucson, AZ
    Every hear a 5 or 6 string Warwick Thumb bass? Probably one of the most clear and punchy tones to be had on bass. Those pickups look to be a bit further away from the bridge than a Thumb's pickups, and they're Barts, so I imagine the same clarity inherent in a Thumb bass would be present, but with a bit more low end rumble.

8. quallabone

quallabone

Aug 2, 2003
    I don't like how the angle of the strings changes so drastically after the nut. That's just excessive stress on the nut.

9. frederic b. hodshon

frederic b. hodshon Supporting Member

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
    None.

hmm...i don't think it is that severe.

plus, you can tell the tuner centerlines follow the headstock side curves nicely.

f

10. pilotjones

pilotjones Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2001
    US-NY-NYC
    - pretty cool looking.
    - seems to have that Warwic flat-square neck profile.
    - I would love to see a side shot of the head/neck area. That volute seems to drop off to near nothing at the headstock. I wonder how the joint is made.