Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Interesting Story + (New Member)

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by T Sony, Mar 8, 2004.

1. T Sony

T Sony

Mar 5, 2004
    Canada
    Hey guys, I'm formally known as Bassman2000, finally thought I'd activate my account as I've been so busy with life. Anyways, I have a interesting story to tell.....

A very interesting experience happend to me today. Taking my bass to get a better set-up I was playing a 3/4 fully carved bass similar to my own, it wasn't as nice but close.

A older gentlemen around the age of 58 approached me and started asking questions, he was a electric bassist who wanted to make the switch to Double Bass. I gave him a few contacts and names (including my own phone number) if he had any questions which involved the Double Bass to contact me or anyone on the list. We also talked a good 25-30 minutes just in genral about the instrument and his concerns.

After I played a few different Jazz pieces and soloed with the bow and some improvise..... It inspired the older gentlemen so much that he did infact purchase the bass ( I was not present as I left earlier). Later the owner of the store calls and thanks me for "helping him out big time". The long conversation and music I played for the older man "sealed the deal". Now the older gentlemen is a proud new owner of a 6400.00 fully carved Double Bass. I feel really good I was able to inspire other musicians and be helpful to them.

It's good to see new comers to Double Bass. Luckly I left teachers names and my number so if he has questions to call.

Was a great day for me... :hyper:

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Sweet story dude, I wish I had something so nice.

3. Very cool! I hope you got a commission! Or a least a discount on some strings.

Now, could you post a larger version of your avatar??? :smug:

4. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    I second that request!

Ohhhh, Canada.....