1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Interesting Story + (New Member)

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by T Sony, Mar 8, 2004.

1. T Sony

T Sony

Mar 5, 2004
    Canada
    Hey guys, I'm formally known as Bassman2000, finally thought I'd activate my account as I've been so busy with life. Anyways, I have a interesting story to tell.....

A very interesting experience happend to me today. Taking my bass to get a better set-up I was playing a 3/4 fully carved bass similar to my own, it wasn't as nice but close.

A older gentlemen around the age of 58 approached me and started asking questions, he was a electric bassist who wanted to make the switch to Double Bass. I gave him a few contacts and names (including my own phone number) if he had any questions which involved the Double Bass to contact me or anyone on the list. We also talked a good 25-30 minutes just in genral about the instrument and his concerns.

After I played a few different Jazz pieces and soloed with the bow and some improvise..... It inspired the older gentlemen so much that he did infact purchase the bass ( I was not present as I left earlier). Later the owner of the store calls and thanks me for "helping him out big time". The long conversation and music I played for the older man "sealed the deal". Now the older gentlemen is a proud new owner of a 6400.00 fully carved Double Bass. I feel really good I was able to inspire other musicians and be helpful to them.

It's good to see new comers to Double Bass. Luckly I left teachers names and my number so if he has questions to call.

Was a great day for me... :hyper:

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Sweet story dude, I wish I had something so nice.

3. Very cool! I hope you got a commission! Or a least a discount on some strings.

Now, could you post a larger version of your avatar??? :smug:

4. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    I second that request!

Ohhhh, Canada.....