Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Interesting story??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Limo, Mar 3, 2005.

1. Limo

Limo

Sep 22, 2002
    Reykjavik Iceland
  2. Yoda Masta

Yoda Masta

Feb 14, 2005
    maybe thats cuz its the only one in the world

3. mike sancho

mike sancho SANCH

Feb 10, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    I wonder what happened to the rest of them!!??

4. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    zero FB?

Watch-out something is a little funky about this one.!

I'm checking this bass out with Ty and JD. I remember seeing that bass up close at the gallery when it was open. IIRC it originally went for more than $20k.

5. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
  6. ashbory

ashbory

Jun 13, 2000
    The Hammer
    Did anyone else notice this...

Quote 1:

IT HAS NEVER BEEN PLAYED AND HAS ABSOLUTELY NO WEAR ON THE FRETS, WHATSOEVER!

Quote 2:
    it sounds as good as it looks

7. j-raj

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!

yeah that's funny, but I think that he might have been referring to gig-wear... maybe he should have said: "IT HAS NEVER BEEN PLAYED OUT...".

Cause I can tell you that I never played it, Never saw any cats play it in the Warrior gallery while it was there...but I'm pretty sure it has been played before.

8. Am I the only one who really don't see the point in owning a bass and not playing it, because it's worth more than your car and you're afraid of scratching it? :eyebrow:

I'll stick with my 2,000$-and-less work horses, thanks.

9. Hurley

Hurley

Feb 12, 2004
    Cape Cod, MA
    I wouldn't buy it, unless I was an extremely rich collector. What's worse is buying a $20K bass, and then playing it and damaging it. The one at superbass is said to have "several very small chips to the inlays, some small scratches." I couldn't let that happen to it if it was mine.

Also, "the control cavity plate was touched before the paint dried." How does this happen on a bass this expensive? :confused:

10. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    "That one still has the tags on it, Don't touch it, Don't look at it, you were thinking about looking at it"
    " Look at the flame on this one, listen to the sustain, I can't hear anything, we'll if it was plugged in it would really sustain"

11. j-raj

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    I guess when you are a collector, less wear means that it is worth more... Like you, I can't see having something that I couldn't use. If I was ever to own a bass that was even in the $2000-5000 range, it better be an exquisite bass that I CAN take on a gig... even if it is only for good occassions.

umm, probably some cat was spacing out and didn't realize that the finish wasn't set yet *touch*, *touch*. QC isn't their strong suit.