Interesting Sukop on eBay

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mark beem, Nov 11, 2005.

1. And even if you bought it you'd probably never see it. Look at his amazing feedback of ZERO! More than likely a scam, any true eBay seller would at least buy a good 15-30 items, no matter if they're small, to build up a feedback score.

However, the bass is a beauty to behold.
  2. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    :rolleyes: You are suggesting it's a scam simply because he has zero feedback? How does buying a bunch of small stuff "to build up a feedback score" have any bearing on his being honest as a seller? Your logic is faulty at best.

He lists his phone number (775-358-7427). He lists his name as Richard. His location is Sparks, NV.

I just did a quick anywho search and came up with Richard Polk in Sparks, NV with that phone number. If he's a scammer, he's a stupid one...

It is a beautiful bass, though.
  3. godoze

Oct 21, 2002
  4. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    I agree.. Actually -all- Sukop basses look funny to me.. I'd just never seen one that was a singlecut.
  5. godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    maybe that is the reason we do not see more single cuts by Sukop...they do look ...different....
  6. bassist4christ

bassist4christ Banned

May 26, 2005
    I live like 20 mintues from there, I'll check it out if any one wants to buy it.
  7. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Looks aside, I'm sure it probably plays and sounds like a dream.

Edit: I think it's the headstock design that turns me off...

8. godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    yeah, the headstock is a dangerous weapon.
  9. jja412

jja412 Fine gear enthusiast

Feb 2, 2004
    St. Louis
    I like the headstock...:bag:
  10. Yeah I've played two sukop's by my house, and lemme tell you, they sound great and feel great. But the headstock and bodies are kinda pointy, and not in an 80's way either. The headstock just turns me off, otherwise he's a great builder.
  11. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Kind of ugly to me, but to each his own.

If it was a singlecut and didn't have a goofy headstock it would be hawt.
  12. That lower horn seems like it doesn't belong though...It's kinda odd.
  13. Oh!!! I thought you meant "suck-up"!

Actually it's an interesting looking bass. Wonder how it sounds. (The headstock would be good for fighting off drunks at gigs! Wouldn't pay that price for a weapon, though, when there's so many cheaper "axes" out there...) :D
  14. :eyebrow: It is a singlecut.
  15. BillytheBassist

Aug 18, 2005
  16. Kinda like a thunderbird, but more awkward looking. Is it me or does this sukop look kinda wish bassy?