Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

interesting

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by ashton, Jan 29, 2002.

1. ashton

ashton

Jan 4, 2001
    Australia
    hi
    well it was my first day of year 11 today, school was normal except im taking music this year. firstly the teacher was like 25 minutes late (we had a TRIPLE lesson, about 2.5 hours long) also she was explaning what we are covering this year and we came across modes, and she couldnt eplain what modes were to the 4 others (all girls) in the class, so i stepped in and told them and it was funny to see even the teachers mouth drop open when i said it. after a few seconds of silence one of the girls asked the teacher if i was right and the teacher was still stunned.

i was told that music this year was mostly theory, exactly what i wanna learn, but to my horror it is theory as in what style of music is this, how many phonics in it and all sorts of boring stuff. ill probably change classes into some other subject, mostly because if i do music then i cant get outta school early on tuesdays and thursdays. :D
    later
    Lukas

2. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    What do you want to do more?
    Learn and know heaps about music and have fun with the 4 girls and being able to out-smart the teacher
    OR
    go home and come on TB and say what you COULD have been doing in music??:D :D

3. ashton

ashton

Jan 4, 2001
    Australia
    hi
    you got a point, but i can also finish with the rest of the band, go home drink smoke and play. or go home call the g/f and tell her to come over and........better than just looking which is all id do in the class.
    later
    Lukas