1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Interface Help: Presonus or Focusrite..or?

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by tracer03, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Okay, I'm tired of lugging my recording pc and sundry gear back and forth between my house and the (drummer's) rehearsal/recording house. That, and the fact that I have a few bucks squirreled away....

Background:
    Home PC is a Quad-core, maxed RAM, Firewire and USB 2.0, etc. - so no system limitation.
    Recording PC is a P4, also FW and USB 2.0.
    Currently using a Presonus FP10 at aforementioned rehearsal house.
    DAW: Reaper
    Signal/fx: Sans Amp Para Driver + fx

Difficulty: ~$100 (or less, if possible).

I have my eye on a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 (on CL locally). Or a Presonus Firebox (here in the classifieds). I've heard great things about it, but I'm also familiar with Presonus gear.

I'm looking for something small I can hook up to the home PC when the mood strikes, or if I want to layer parts at home. Just looking for something with 2in, decent pres and recording quality.

Thoughts? Any other suggestions (about the gear, that is...)?

Help of any kind is welcomed - thanks in advance.

2. BluesyCat

BluesyCat I'm irresistible. Gold Supporting Member

Jul 28, 2006
    Torrance, California
    Staff: Bass Gear Magazine
    I'm sold on my Firestudio Mobile and the quality of the recordings. The unit is small, lightweight, doesn't heat up, and it works flawlessly. If I were you, I'd get the Firebox of the 2 choices you listed.