1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Interface

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by nnorbie14, Jun 4, 2011.

1. nnorbie14

nnorbie14

Sep 26, 2010
    Hi guys ! I've tried my best at searching before posting,but haven't got what I desire.

Basically I'm asking for opinions on an interface.I'd like to buy something,with which I can get a decent bass sound.I've looked at M-Audio,Tascam,Presonus and even Line6 pod studio ux2,but I didn't find any good reviews on them..at least for bass(for guitar there are thousands).

I just want to connect my bass via usb (my soundcard is a piece of..) to make some youtube videos.Any feedback on any interface would be appreciated (especially if I can find the product on thomann).

So what should I buy?
    -thanks

2. uhdinator

uhdinator

Apr 20, 2010
    Maine
    1. Mac or PC platform?
    2. How many channels you desire to record at once?
    3. FireWire or USB preference?
    4. Budget for the interface?
    5. Do you need line inputs for outboard pre's or other hardware?

3. gidbass

gidbass Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    I run my bass into my VT bass pedal and from there out to the Microphone input and record that way. I use Audacity on Windows, and Garageband on Mac and have had good success with both.

You will need some adapters to go from 1/4" mono to 1/8" stereo but those are cheap at radioshack.

Good luck!

4. nnorbie14

nnorbie14

Sep 26, 2010
    Pc,I just want to record a bass channel (also I've already got Cubase),USB,below 200bucks and no line inputs.What I'd like is Bass -> Interface -> PC.