Intermediate bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by xb100, Jul 2, 2005.

1. xb100

Mar 24, 2004
    NH, In
    Hey guys, just looking around for a new bass. I did the search thing about 3 times and couldn't really find anything helpful, so I figured I would just make a thread to get the answer that way.

Anyways, I have been playing for 3 years I like lots of music, jazz,rock,fusion, r&b, ect. To help you understand my musical tastes, I just got a Kiss album one of their greatest hits along with a Stanely Clark album, both great albums.

But back to my point I want something versitle, so I wont be surprised if everyone mentions a fender jazz or a fender p bass.

My price range is between 350-and 500$.

I know that isn't too good of a price range for a decent bass, but used or new I'll go with.

Thanks dor your help,

2. xb100

Mar 24, 2004
    NH, In

3. Yamaha makes some pretty nice stuff in that price range. You could also probably find a G&L Tribute or MTD Kingston, both are excellent basses for the $$.
  4. Zebra

Jun 26, 2005
    G&L tribute was the first thing that popped in my head. Lots of tones in that thing. I have an Ibanez EDC710 now. I rather like it, it may be leaned towards a more modern tone than you may want, though.
  5. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Buy an SX J or P and use the rest of the loot towards gear! :hyper: