Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Intermediate bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by xb100, Jul 2, 2005.

1. xb100

xb100

Mar 24, 2004
    NH, In
    Hey guys, just looking around for a new bass. I did the search thing about 3 times and couldn't really find anything helpful, so I figured I would just make a thread to get the answer that way.

Anyways, I have been playing for 3 years I like lots of music, jazz,rock,fusion, r&b, ect. To help you understand my musical tastes, I just got a Kiss album one of their greatest hits along with a Stanely Clark album, both great albums.

But back to my point I want something versitle, so I wont be surprised if everyone mentions a fender jazz or a fender p bass.

My price range is between 350-and 500$.

I know that isn't too good of a price range for a decent bass, but used or new I'll go with.

Thanks dor your help,

-Rob
    :bassist:

2. xb100

xb100

Mar 24, 2004
    NH, In
    bump

anyone

3. Yamaha makes some pretty nice stuff in that price range. You could also probably find a G&L Tribute or MTD Kingston, both are excellent basses for the $$.

4. Zebra

Zebra

Jun 26, 2005
    G&L tribute was the first thing that popped in my head. Lots of tones in that thing. I have an Ibanez EDC710 now. I rather like it, it may be leaned towards a more modern tone than you may want, though.

5. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Buy an SX J or P and use the rest of the loot towards gear! :hyper: