Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Intermediate player needs bass help

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ChildoftheKorn, Oct 31, 2003.

1. ChildoftheKorn

ChildoftheKorn

May 21, 2003
    IL
    Well you know the stroy folks. im an ok player who needs a bass im looking to spend 300$ to 400$....i have a bad carlo robelli 4 stringged bass with 26 fretts. I hate the bass but i love the freedom of a 26 fretter. I play mostly metal but have knowned to play punk classic rock and jazz. Could anyone suggest any basses? looking for a four stringed 26 fretted bass

2. Melf

Melf

Mar 20, 2003
    Starkville, MS
    I recommend a used MTD Kingston. Great bang for the buck, but it's only got 24 frets.

3. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Why not get a 5 string with E to C tuning?

4. artistanbul

artistanbul Nihavend Longa Vita Brevis

Apr 15, 2003
    Turkey-Istanbul
    a fiver would be a good choice.
    are you solid on $400?

5. Larzito

Larzito

Aug 1, 2000
    Dallas, Texas
    I'm curious about why you need the 25th and 26th frets? I rerely go to fret 22, much less 24...and have never had a 26 fret bass. I agree with the earlier post...if you want more notes in different octaves, get a 5 string. If high notes are your goal, string it with a high C. Your price range will limit you severely if your main requirement is 26 frets....I think...I'm obviously getting old...what is the deal with the 26 frets...I'm not knocking it...I'm pleading ignorance here.